Sunday, December 12, 2010





heaven came to Earth




Jesus, on this quiet eve 
when we celebrate Your birth
I muse on the reasons 
heaven came to Earth.
As your Father painted the first strokes
On the canvas of you, 
the stars were a special messenger
to announce your arrival in this world.
God, your seed in a pure maiden,
brought forth a child, to be my King.
Jesus, you are music of heaven
sung through your voice, so I hear & sing.
Jesus, you are God spelled out
In a language I can understand.
Jesus, you are the face of God
close up, so I can see with new eyes.
So on this quiet eve, when I celebrate your birth
 I behold You, lamb of God 
Who takes away my sin
And the sin of all the world.


© Copyright 2006 ~ Marie Nease 

Inspired by Quiet Talks About Jesus by S.D. Gordon 
But chiefly in Jesus God came. Jesus is God going out in the cold black night, over the mountains, down the ravines and gullies, eagerly hunting for His lost man, getting hands, and face, and more, torn on the brambly thorn bushes, and losing His life, in the darkness, on a tree thrust in His path, but saving the man.” ~S.D. Gordon

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo of His lovely Heavenly creation!
    ~Tamara
    PS...I have a Sabbath Giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely shot of God's beauty!!

    ReplyDelete