Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Desert Prayer



I'll try to keep my chin up,
cause I look better when I do...
even an empty cup
can be filled anew.
Life's lessons aren't easy to learn;
it takes guts to get up after I fall.
True confessions purify and burn; 
I weep, bowing low, at the wailing wall.
In the forest of tangled confusion,
may I see the path has been cleared ahead.
Can I trust it's no optical illusion?
Cracked dry, lips say rain clouds are overhead,
only to discover, I've been fooled by a mirage...
tired of grumbling in this desert, forsaken;
my wanderings allowed the enemy's sabotage,
but in my dreams I imagine I'll finally awaken,
amazed, realizing I'm resting in Your promised land
because spirit eyes will be fully opened to know
and behold You and intimately understand
your ways, so joy fills my cup so it'll overflow
your Spirit, and I'll yearn for daily fellowship,
face-to-face, you long for me to reflect your glory
and revel in Your sweet companionship,
living fully my part in this God-breathed story...
© Marie Nease 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment