Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Offering Thanks in the Midst of Change

So, goodbye 
to extended hours
to write and create.
I'm saying hi
to a cubical 
and a job as of late.

My heart is struggling, 
heavy in the midst of change.
so much juggling
as life is rearranged...
 BUT
My desire is to sing out gratitude
in the midst of every day.
May I put on Christ's attitude
so it shows in all I say.


I'm grateful for a paycheck at the end of each week.
Thankful for sunrises painted across the sky as I drive to work.
Grateful for Sue Monk Kidd's book, "First Light", on CD to listen to while I drive.
Thankful for patience and flexibility to deal with frustrations at work and on the road. 
Thankful for over-the-counter meds to help with UTI symptoms until I can get to a Dr.
Grateful for Sterling, my Toyota; "she" gets me to work and back in comfort and good gas mileage.
Thankful for my Father God who doesn't give up on me. 
Grateful that He finishes the work He's started in me. 



1 comment:

  1. nice post friend...thank you for sharing...wish i could visit everyone more frecuently but are many..and the hours are different but prayers and blessings on your way..remembering the real reason for the holidays..days of peace love and thinking...loves from our home to yours...maranatha..

    ReplyDelete