Wednesday, March 14, 2012

God Sings



There is something about mockingbirds

 that just gets to me... 

mysteriously their songs touch my heart 

and bring such peace. 

Through the years, there have been times

when circumstances were bleak,

when life was challenging,

when I was hurting,

that a mockingbird would 

sing to me

from their nearby perch. 

One time in particular, the mocking bird's song 

was so incredibly comforting to my soul.

I was in the midst of a time of separation and divorce. 

My heart was raw. 

My eyes, puffy from abundant tears. 

I pulled into my driveway, windows still down, 

allowing the spring breezes to fill my car, to fill my senses. 

A mockingbird's song, floated my way, on the breeze. 

I couldn't move. 

His notes echoed in the night air. A quietness filled me that 

went beyond words. I sat in my car simply immersed in 

peace, this mockingbird's gift. 

After some time, I went inside my home. I opened the

 windows in my bedroom so I could hear this 

song I found so mesmerizing.

It was too faint. I gathered pillow and blanket and 

ended up sleeping on my living room 

sofa just so my ears would continue to be filled with 

this gift of song that brought my saddened soul such 

incredible calmness and comfort. It felt like God was

singing peace deeply into my heart, through a bird.  

I will never forget that night. 

I fell asleep being serenaded 

by God, through a bird.

~~~~~~~

I started a new job this week. I've experienced excitement 

as well as apprehension. I want this job to be one where I 

just fit, where I am successful and contribute to the 

company's bottom line. I'm ready for a company 

I can work with for years.  

Yesterday and today, 

the air was permeated with the mockingbird's song, 

both at home and at work. 

As I took my lunch break today, my heart was 

once again comforted by the gift of the mockingbird's song.  


Perched on the topmost branch, the mockingbird sang


his exuberant song, as if it was just for me!




I stepped outside again,  for an afternoon break. 

I smiled at the familiar song as I walked among

beautiful surroundings; trees blooming, grass greening. 

Could it be a consequence that the mockingbird's song fills 

the air again in the midst of this season of my life? 

Perhaps, but I don't believe in consequences.

Marie ~ Wingdreamer


~~~~~~~

Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong. Take courage. Don't be intimidated. Don't give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you." 
The Message Bible

Psalm 104: 12 "The birds of the sky nest by the waters;
   they sing among the branches."  NIV

 Matthew 6:26
"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" NIV



No comments:

Post a Comment