Monday, February 4, 2013

God's Signature



While much of the country watched the
 "Super Bowl" I found myself contemplating God's signature. I can't help it. I don't care for sports. 
I'd rather be creative!

As I recall images of fields of flowers and my Mom's gardens, I see God's signature written with flowers, with such incredible love for us.
 
I so desire for HIS signature to be written all 
over my life. He wants to write His signature on my life and yours, more than we could ever imagine. I want His scent, 
like fragrant flowers,
to permeate my days. 
To enjoy the fragrance of Christ that wafts through my life and then allow it to be shared and enjoyed with those around me.

I am not fragrant in myself. My flesh stinks! However, as I abide in Christ, there is a sweetness that develops, that I long to share. As I stay in Him, stand in Him, endure in Him, reside with Him, dwell with Him, 
remain in Him, 
I will exude the fragrance of Christ. 

What is preventing this sweet fragrance from freely being released in my life-- daily? 
That is the question I ask tonight. I pray for an honest unveiling of my heart.  

I step into grace. 
I long to be a fragrant aroma to Jesus, 
as He is to me. He offered up Himself as a sacrifice, a fragrant offering. When I step into a room, what fragrance do others notice?

© 2013 Marie Nease
 
Ephesians 5:1-2

2 Corinthians 2:14-16

Philippians 4:18

 

1 comment: