Monday, September 16, 2013

Fresh Blossom of the Day

Pink Cone Flower
I struggle with the morning. I'm a night owl. However, I really long to be a morning person and open sleepy eyes when morning stretches her arms and yawns awake. 
Pink and purple often washes across early skies while I dream. There are times when something wakes me and I peak out on my forested view of the world and see dew drops glistening on everything it touches. I see watercolor skies and a golden rising of a new day, smiling, though eyes are still blurry with sleep. For now, this is my reality. 

Whenever my "morning" is, even if later than some, I long to give that new blossom to Jesus, an offering, fresh with dew, to sing to Him my thankfulness for another day. Thankful for His love, faithfulness, guidance, provision and ever hovering Holy Spirit 
who is comfort divine, 
more than enough for this day. 

My voice shall you hear in the morning, O LORD; 
in the morning will I direct my prayer unto you, and will look up.
Psalm 5:3

© 2013 Marie Nease

No comments:

Post a Comment