Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Listen

L-i-s-t-e-n ...

What do you hear right now?

For several minutes, just still and listen...

Outside my window, a whippoorwill fills the air with it's song, a repetitive, yet mysteriously calming melody. A gift to my soul. Last night a mocking bird's beautiful song echoed through the night air.

Listen...

What is going on in your mind in the midst of your day? What "self talk" to you hear? Self-talk is the endless stream of unspoken thoughts that run through your head. Are your thoughts mostly positive or negative? Do you breathe prayers to your Father God as you go about your day? Do you meditate on scriptures that apply to your current life situations or challenges?

May we be fully aware of the enemy of our souls and the lies he whispers in our ears. You aren't good enough. You aren't smart enough. You failed again. You aren't worthy. DON'T listen to those lies! Listen to the Savior of our soul and His whispers.

  • Jesus whispers ... I'll never leave you or forsake you.
  • Jesus calls to us... Come to me all you who are weary, lay down your heavy burdens, I will give you rest.
  • Jesus reminds us...I give you peace, not like the world can give you. Don't allow your heart to be troubled or afraid.
  • Jesus urges us... Come drink the water I offer to you, living water, then you won't thirst again!
  • Jesus says... I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
  • Jesus whispers...My little sheep, listen, and you will hear my voice and follow me and obey me.  
 
Jesus longs to speak to us and His words are spirit and they give life!


Listen to the voice of Jesus, not your inner critic. Listen to Jesus whisper His love and His direction and His encouragement to your heart as you go through your day.  

What are some of your favorite words of Jesus that encourage you? Write them down, paint them on your wall :-), share them here, share them with others!  


As we listen to the voice of Jesus, revel in the fact that His voice is like the sound of many waters. Revelation 1:15
                            

Rivers of Living Water!

No comments:

Post a Comment