Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Ancient Paths


This is what the LORD says: "Stand beside the roads and watch. Ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is. Walk in it and find rest for yourselves. 
But they said, 'We won't walk in it!' Jeremiah 6:16 

I pray I listen and find rest. 
I pray you listen and find rest. 
We have the tendency to be rebellious, 
to walk in our own ways.  
We are prone to wander...

The ancient paths speak to me of the tried and true ways.
Ancient paths that those before us 
have traversed where they found rest for their souls.

I long for rest for my soul. Most of us crave rest in this world filled with bad news, challenges, cancer and losing loved ones, ISIS and other tremendous evils. Often we feel blinded and confused when we grope to find the good way, the ancient paths to walk on. 

May we clearly see the ancient paths and walk in them. 

©  2014 Marie Nease

No comments:

Post a Comment