Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Basking




One thing butterflies must do from time to time is bask. Butterfiles can't fly if their body temperature is less than 85 degrees. If their body temperature falls below 85, they have to bask. Most butterflies bask by spreading their wings to the side to expose the greatest amount of wing surface to the sun and then they absorb the radiant heat.

After several days of overcast skies and rain...I desperately need to bask. I'm born to fly. To fly high and see the dreams and passions, that God planted in my heart, come to fruition!

As butterflies need to bask when their body temp is less than ideal, I need to bask because the temptations of this world try to make my love for my Creator God grow cold. My temp is certainly less than ideal today.

I soooo need to spread my wings and expose the greatest amount of my "wing surface" to the Son, Jesus, and absorb His radiant heat! To absorb His sweet presence, to sense His love surrounding me...so that when I do fly into the next day and the next temptation, that I will be full of His warmth, His direction and peace and I'll know what to do.

Then, the love coming from my heart, shown in my actions and in my words will please my Creator! So, I will bask in His presence through worship and praise, through quieting my mind to hear His love, and eating His words. (Oh taste and see that the Lord is good! Psalm 34:8 and Your words were found, and I ate them and they became joy for me... Jeremiah 15:16 ) I will bask in the Sonshine & let Him take the chill away.

No comments:

Post a Comment