Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lay Aside Every Weight



Letting go is difficult in sooo many ways isn't it? Letting go of expectations and of what we hoped for, in relationships and life isn't easy, but I know it's possible through God's grace. His sweet grace. Recently, I've been listening to Amy Grant's song, "Carry You." 
"Lay down your burden, I will carry you. I see those sleepless nights and I count every tear you cry. I know some lessons hurt to learn."

When I was letting go of a relationship that wasn't right for me, I got a picture in my mind that really helped me. Perhaps it will encourage you too. 

I imagined it was Spring and I needed to shed my heavy winter coat. Slipping it off my shoulders, I allowed it to drop to the floor. Aah, so wonderful to release the weight of it!

As I went through the process of letting go, my heart began to grow lighter. I wanted to dance! The Lord helped me release what I didn't need in order to allow room for His best. 

May you sense God's divine comfort as you let go of weights, of sins, of relationships that aren't helping you be the best you can be. That aren't allowing you to be formed into the image of Christ. May He give us the grace to look away from all that distracts and keep our focus on Him. That'll make Him smile.  



Copyright © 2010 Marie Nease 

Hebrews 12:1-2 scripture reference from the Amplified Bible

 1THEREFORE THEN, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses [who have borne testimony to the Truth], let us strip off and throw aside every encumbrance (unnecessary weight) and that sin which so readily (deftly and cleverly) clings to and entangles us, and let us run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence the appointed course of the race that is set before us,    2Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God.



1 comment:

  1. The beautiful and graceful dancer is Stacy Marie Trammell Walker - www.stacymarie.net

    ReplyDelete