Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Allowing Him to Grasp Us


The part we play in knowing God
is a song, composed mainly
of us allowing Him
to grasp us…
To take hold of us,
of our hearts
and firmly hold
us there
in a close embrace--
Our ears listening
to His heartbeat;
slowly but surely
our heart beats
in unison
with His
& we begin
to hear like His ears hear
to speak like His voice speaks
to touch like His hands touch
to love like His heart loves
to die to self like He died for us
© Copyright 2005 ~ Marie Nease
Sunday, August 07, 2005
Inspired by Rainier Maria Rilke
  "When I saw others straining toward God,
I did not understand it, 
for though I may have had
him less than they did, 
there was no one blocking
the way between him and me, 
and I could reach his heart easily. 
It is up to him, after all, to have us. 
our part consists of almost solely 
in letting him grasp us."

No comments:

Post a Comment