Sunday, September 2, 2012

Parched...

Spirit parched, 
soul dry,
panting 
for this thirst
to be quenched.

What am I thirsting for? 
I thirst for companionship, for soul connection, for souls to be mingled.
I thirst for creativity to flow out from me, as a rushing river, refreshing, encouraging others 
and glorifying God.
I thirst for the nail scarred hands of Jesus
to hold me through night and day, through tears and laughter, in the midst of trials and celebrations of joy.
I thirst to walk daily in the gifts and callings God has given, strategically fulfilling His will 
on earth, as it is in heaven. 
I thirst to sing a song of Zion,
even when my heart is heavy, to praise 
my Abba, my Father though my 
soul cries out, enough!

May my spirit, soul and body
thirst for You, O God!


I know you are thirsty
your tongue is parched.
You're desperate.
I hear you...
I will answer...
I will not leave you thirsty.

I'll open up rivers 
for you
on the dry, barren places
of your heart.
I'll spring up fountains 
in your lowest valleys.
I'll turn your wilderness days
into a cooling pond
you can splash for joy in!

I want you to know for sure that I did this for you. I don't want you or those around you to miss that it is a gift I created and personally signed, 

With love,

God




Isaiah 41:17 (Amplified Bible)

17 The poor and needy are seeking water when there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. I the Lord will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them. 

18 I will open rivers on the bare heights, and fountains in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.  

Isaiah 41:17-20 The Message Bible ~ "The poor and homeless are desperate for water, their tongues parched and no water to be found. But I'm there to be found, I'm there for them, and I, God of Israel, will not leave them thirsty. 18 I'll open up rivers for them on the barren hills, spout fountains in the valleys. I'll turn the baked-clay badlands into a cool pond, the waterless waste into splashing creeks. 19 I'll plant the red cedar in that treeless wasteland, also acacia, myrtle, and olive. I'll place the cypress in the desert, with plenty of oaks and pines. 20 Everyone will see this. No one can miss it - unavoidable, indisputable evidence That I, God, personally did this. It's created and signed by The Holy of Israel.  







No comments:

Post a Comment