Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Who Hung the Moon?


uP

and 

Down,

emotions

try to take me on a rollercoaster ride

of fret and worry...



My heart has been heavy for several days and I've been

 fretting. Praying and fretting. It is something a mom has 

to deal with, dad's too, I'm sure. It's a laying down of 

control and a letting go of our adult children. Allowing 

them to make their own way, their own decisions.

 Trusting, not fretting. Trusting and praying and knowing 

our Father God will walk with them and teach them 

through right decisions, and wrong ones, 

just like he does for us.

 

 As I walked through the woods earlier with a friend, I 

realized there was now more peace 

in my heart than worry.

 Through the day, the prayers I'd breathed, 

and the prayers of family and friends

were obviously heard by divine ears, 

by a Father heart,

 and they were answered. 

 

I'd cried out,

Father! Please, help me trust You, 

Help me relax in to You. 

You hung the moon...

You keep it steady and constant

as it circles this place we call home, 

at least our home for now.


You hung the moon, the stars and brilliant sun

and You are able to hold me, 

my children and all of mankind.

You've inscribed us in the palm of Your hands.

You won't forget us or leave us alone.

Your love is more than enough.

 

 

 

Philippians 4:6-7

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all [a]comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.



 ©Marie Nease 2012

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment