Thursday, October 24, 2013

Don't Let Life Pass You By


Today, we celebrated a very special woman's life. Von Rogers. She was Jesus with skin on to so many people. I personally haven't had the joy of knowing her closely in recent years, yet the years I was close to her and her husband Mike, are memorable in so many ways. They were a special part of my wedding, years ago. As I walked down the aisle they sang an amazing song called "Lady in White" by Larry Stockstill. It speaks of the bride of Christ.

Moments shared with Mike and Von were focused on worship and fellowship. Those kind of moments make imprints on souls. I'm so thankful that Von and Mike's imprint is still there, in my heart. (and so many others that I saw today at Von's memorial service that I recognized from past years. 
I found myself saying, I know that smile, but having to ask their name. Precious people that I've worshiped with and enjoyed sweet fellowship with way back in the 70's.)  

Such mixed feelings were experienced today as we spoke of Von and together, we remembered her, together we sang "It is well with my soul" though through tears of realization that we don't understand why Von left earth for heaven's realm, before we were ready to see her go... 

There were so many things I took away from today. I guess what stands out now, before I lay head to pillow, is to not let life pass me by. To live fully. Live. Every. Moment. 
To be Jesus with skin on to those around me: to family, friends and strangers. To pursue Jesus with fiery passion. To pursue my calling and gifts with total focus, leaning totally on Jesus' strength. To love others fully and passionately.
To walk on water when necessary. 

Don't let life pass you by!

© 2013 Marie Nease ~ Wingdreamer


 

No comments:

Post a Comment