Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Rise From Ashes



Life can change, overnight. Devastating is a word used more than once in news reports. Flames. Ashes. Shock. A community is grieving. Businesses are suffering because of the flames that raged in the night in downtown Clarkesville Georgia on Wednesday night March 5th and the morning of March 6th, 2014. Families are affected. Finances are affected. Hearts are bowed low. Ashes have replaced flourishing businesses. Thankfully no one was injured!

Though I do not have deep roots in this community, I do have fresh, new roots that have worked their way into the soil of Habersham County. I feel the pain, the devastation. I grieve. 

I drove through Clarkesville a little over a week ago. The beautiful cottage garden at the Mauldin House was beginning to bloom. I wandered through the paths with my Nikon, capturing images of daffodils and crocuses heralding Spring. 


Once again, I drove slowly through Clarkesville this past Saturday. My eyes, my heart, were touched deeply by black wounds in historic buildings, ravaged by flames. I circled the square, once, twice. My heart heavy. I wasn't alone. Others drove slowly, their eyes taking in the destruction. The Mauldin House and gardens, though so incredibly close to the flames and devastation, were untouched. Bird song filled the air. Early Spring blubs continue to push through cold ground and bloom. A colorful beacon of hope.

For now, a community needs to grieve. Then there will be a time, soon, to push through the cold soil of the flames and devastation and bloom again! There will be a time to rebuild, a time to rise again from flames and ashes. It will be hard work. but it will be well worth it! 



Every time we push through what looks like an impossible situation, we will grow!

The community of Clarkesville Georgia is strong! 


I've been facing my own challenges and learning how to push through and rise from the ashes of "flames and devastation" in my life, as so many others are! I believe in new beginnings and rebuilding. I believe in beauty from ashes. I believe in a God who is big enough and strong enough to walk with us through every fire, every scary experience, every challenge.

"Whatever you do, hold onto hope.
The tiniest thread will twist into an unbreakable cord.

Let hope anchor you in the possibility that 
this is NOT the end of your story,

That change will bring you to peaceful shores." ~ Unknown

Aerial view of Clarkesville from a Taste of Clarkesville event 2013


 There is a hope to bloom again! 


Clarkesville Georgia will bloom again and rise from ashes!

© 2014 Marie Nease

“Whatever you do, hold on to hope! The tiniest thread will twist into an unbreakable cord. Let hope anchor you in the possibility that this is NOT the end of your story; that change will bring you to peaceful shores.”

See more at: http://www.idlehearts.com/?p=3174
“Whatever you do, hold on to hope! The tiniest thread will twist into an unbreakable cord. Let hope anchor you in the possibility that this is NOT the end of your story; that change will bring you to peaceful shores.”

See more at: http://www.idlehearts.com/?p=3174

No comments:

Post a Comment