Monday, March 17, 2014

Saint Patrick's Words


Tonight, the words of Saint Patrick spoke to me, almost as if he shared his heart with me, in my home, by firelight. 

I was moved by his words.

"As armour on my breast I bind
The powers of God in heaven and earth;
The fleetness of the rushing wind.

The brightness of the morning's birth;
The splendour of the fiery glow,
The whiteness of the winter snow,

The lightning's wildly flashing mirth;
The strength that girds the rocky steep.
The vastness of the unfathomed deep.

I bind as armour on my breast
The Wisdom which shall be my guide;
The Shield whose shelter bids me rest

In peace, whatever ills betide;
The Eye of God, to search my thought;

His Ear, my prayer of faith to hear;
His Word, to make my words be fraught."
 

Care to read some more of his writings?
 https://archive.org/stream/writingsofsaintp00patr#page/n5/mode/2up

No comments:

Post a Comment