Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Writer's Life



A writer’s life is lonely at times.
Keyboards and pens are my friends.
Late nights bring words and rhymes. 
My reward is that life is penned,
on the roller-coaster that’s my life story.
Writing about endless dark nights,
reveling in morning’s glory.
Composing, I guess really ignites
a passion within, finding I’m dancing
as words flow out onto the page,
perhaps a kind of romancing 
is going on, it’s not just a phase,
or a fascination, it’s a love affair
of the ardent kind, a fiery tale, 
inspiration breathed as a prayer.
Listening to God inhale and exhale,
whispering creation though my fingers.
I ask, will words I write make a difference?
He answers, smiling, His Spirit lingers...
Yes, if I write through you, they’ll shine with brilliance.
Together we’ll make an imprint on souls
inspiring, encouraging and lifting hearts
bringing healing and making them whole,
with the miracle that the written word imparts.

© Copyright 2012 Marie Nease



No comments:

Post a Comment