Monday, November 21, 2011

Morning Elegance

He covers himself with light as with a garment. He stretches out the heavens like a curtain. He lays the beams of his rooms in the waters. He makes the clouds his chariot. He walks on the wings of the wind. 
  
Psalm 104:2-3 World English Bible


Winding my way from Highlands North Carolina, back to Lawrenceville Georgia, I found myself clothed in morning elegance. Our Creator is elegant. He is creative, beyond earthly creativity. He creates glorious mornings that cause us to pause.

I was driving toward the first day of my new position as a recruiter with a large company called Siemens. However, I had no choice but to stop. To pause and relish the moment. To revel in the beauty of the clouds blanketing the valley. To be in awe of clouds that our Creator was painting across the sky...
To breathe in the morning that God was creating just for me... 
Well, it felt like it was just for me...


Then everyone will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds with great power and glory. Mark 13:26 New International Version (©1984)

God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars. Martin Luther

Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. (or sunrise!)
Rabindranath Tagore


 By the way, my first day on the new job was successful and I return tomorrow to learn some more. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment