Friday, November 18, 2011

Under His Wings

Tonight, puddles of tears fell for one of my sons who is in the early years of his marriage. He and his wife are in the midst of some frustrating times. I don't know the details. He sent me a message through Skype and his words put me into tears. 

One of my other sons celebrated 3 years of marriage this week. They have their happy moments, yet, it seems they struggle. 

This week I also heard of a couple who is breaking up their marriage after less than a year together. They are in their 60's. They got married last year after knowing one another for a short while. My heart is grieved. I ask the question. Why is it so difficult to have a successful, happy marriage????

Relationships and marriages are not easy, but I believe in the depths of my heart, that if we are unselfish, we can have successful marriages that are filled with joy! 

I have been single again for 11 years. I pray for contentment in my singleness, yet I am open to a Godly marriage. The key for me is to be able to pray through the challenges. If my husband is open to praying with me and walking with the Lord and with me through every day, then I believe we can have a happy and successful relationship. 

Right now, I must sleep in peace and I let go of the cares of my boys, all four of them. Three of the four are married. Only God can speak to them of how to fully love in the midst of this life. And how to be single and be happy in the midst of these days. 

For now, I will crawl under the wings of the Lord and I will rest. 



No comments:

Post a Comment