Sunday, November 13, 2011

Morning's Gate



Longing to meet You, at morning's gate
 as sun rises to greet another day.
Please, tell me it's not too late,
though I've run the other way.

Wanting to see you in morning mist
reveling in your mystery.
Please, tell me that I've not missed 
the chance to celebrate true liturgy,

eating bread that's You, broken
and drinking sweet wine,
Your blood poured out, You, spoken
into my life, a gift O so divine.

Woo me, I yearn to know You intimately,
 face to face, with nothing to hide.
Please, rid me of all impurity
so forever, Your heart and mine collide.

Copyright © 2011 Marie Nease  All Rights Reserved




King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
I rose before the dawning of the morning, and cried: I hoped in your word.
 
 
World English Bible
When you said, "Seek my face," my heart said to you, "I will seek your face, Yahweh."
 
 
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And this is life eternal, that they might know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
 
 
International Standard Version (©2008)
So put to death your worldly impulses: sexual sin, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed (which is idolatry).
New International Version (©1984)
To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
New International Version (©1984)
Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

3 comments:

  1. love your photos! you have a great eye for composition.
    nikonsniper steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steve,

    What a nice surprise to be found by you, another Nikon lover and most importantly, a brother in the Lord! Thank you for your comment. You made my day! Whooo hooo! I visited your blog and will return regularly to enjoy your photography and insight. I have 5 grandchildren and 4 boys. To impact their lives now or when I am gone is crucial. To impact them through my photography would be very cool!

    Incredible blessings to YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! So many beautiful pics!

    Greetings from Norway,
    Helene

    ReplyDelete