Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful at End of Day


I’m thankful for our Abba Father
who loves us so intensely.
Thankful for family and friends
whose company is enjoyed so immensely.

Thankful for majestic mountains,
sparkling lakes and flowing streams.
Thankful for the years I’m countin',
reaching forward to fulfill my dreams.

Grateful for gifts and talents to share
like writing, music and photography.
I'm amazed at God's answers to prayer,
emotionally, physically and financially.

Grateful for a Savior who changes my heart
and helps me get up when I stumble.
Grateful Jesus says He’ll never leave me.
I’m weak, He's strong; He makes me humble.

Thankful all my needs are met in Him.
He promises to provide.
Thankful that He holds me in His love, 
forever, under His wings, I'll hide.

I am thankful to able to sit out on my porch in November, sipping coffee while reading "Streams in the Desert." 


I am thankful that the Creator of the Universe and galaxies, meteors, comets and stars knows me, loves me, speaks to me and keeps working in me, as imperfect as I am.....

I am thankful that the Lord speaks to me and that sometimes I hear and I listen so amazing things can happen. 


I am thankful for my bills being paid and a new job that I just started this week.  For God's supernatural provision.
I am thankful for family and friends, for hugs and smiles, for walks in lovely parks and jogs on wooded trails, crunching leaves as we run. 

Grateful for living in the USA and the freedom I have. I am thankful that I can freely go to church, without being persecuted. Thankful that I can go to the "cathedral of the lake" and enjoy the peace I find there...... (my favorite place to chill at Lake Lanier.) 



I am thankful that I have experienced love, in giving and receiving, in it's many forms and delights. I have known the love of Jesus, the love of a mother for her children and their love for me, the love of my Mom and Dad for me, the love of my sisters, the love of a friend, the love of a man, 
the love of life........




 I am thankful for lessons learned in dating relationships. For each man and what knowing them taught me about myself and who I am and who I want to be and how much I really desire to love, unselfishly. 

I am thankful for autumn leaves that glow, just before they die, then twist and twirl to form a vividly colored blanket on the ground.... 

For rivers and streams that sparkle and flow, mountains to climb and valleys to rest in. Thankful that Spring always buds after winter's snow and ice finally thaws.....

Thankful that hurts and wounds do heal....that forgiveness covers sins and mistakes we make....

I am thankful that when my heart hurts and needs release that God has given the gift of tears.... I am thankful for giggles and belly laughs and friends to share those moments with. 





I am thankful for sweet memories of moments, of days and of years that have shaped and molded me and 
made me who I am. 

I am thankful for the the moments that will turn into the future of who I will become. 

I am thankful that I learn from falling and skinning my knees and I learn by getting back up again and continuing to walk forward, though some days I am not sure which way to go...... but I do know I will always be lead by an unseen hand..........

I am thankful for brilliant sunrises that light up morning sky and sunsets that catch clouds on fire and bring a hush to the earth as it pulls the covers up on the day. 

Thankful for you....

Marie 

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful, What a lovely words and place. Blessings to you and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faylinn,

    Always sweet to have you stop by my blog. Thank you! Blessings back in your direction too!

    ReplyDelete