Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day Five - A rainy day and remembering my value

Today was quiet, but that is good, at least I think so. Yet, I realize I'm not wanting to get out and about. I didn't walk with my friend Terri. Thankfully she's being patient with me, at least I hope so. I didn't want to go to an event at my niece's church (and where my older sister goes too.) 

There was a gentleman that I shared sweet coffee moments with several weeks back. We left with "promises" to enjoy more time together. He grew quiet soon after. Not sure why, but I know it's necessary for me to not grasp tightly, but let go and place any possibilities in my Abba's hands. He said he would call to chat last week. Through an email, I gently challenged him on that yesterday, asking him to please not say he'd call, then not follow through. He seemed to receive my words graciously. I don't expect to hear from him, really. However, the reality of seeing him at the single's events I go to, is quite possible. I'm learning to let go in this area of my life too. Only God writes lasting love stories. Not me.

Hours were spent filling out paperwork to fax to my short sale rep at Bank of America. The job I thought I had earlier in the week hasn't panned out. I don't know if it will. The future is uncertain. Will I trust or worry? I seesaw from trust to worry, unbalanced, teetering, yet I sense He watches. He cares. 

For some reason, the quietly falling rain and thunder rumbling brought comfort to my day. When I put those thoughts on FaceBook, my friend Stacy commented. "Yes! I feel that way inside. Going through my basement and years worth of papers and memories of Daddy and Oak Grove and the dance studio and more. The rain is definitely comforting... It is as if the earth knows how I feel and is acknowledging it with me." She quietly suffers too in her own world. Our Abba Father knows every raindrop that falls... He cares about every tear that falls and gently catches them and gingerly places them in His bottle, watching as they roll down the sides... He cries with us, yet He breathes hope.

As I looked through recent photos I've taken, I found a photo of a bird near a barn. I took this at the Clinton Nature Preserve last Sunday. I will be meeting a family of 7 or 8 for a photo session there on October 15th.  

 
It seems as though there is a constant learning, a constant remembering that we are valuable to our Father God. That is what this photo stirred within me. I am valuable to my Abba Father and He desires to take care of me. My prayer is that I am able to trust in the midst of these days. 

A friend has to be at the hospital in the morning at 8:00 for a blood transfusion. Five hours to lie there and have her life blood drained and some stranger's blood give her new strength. Her challenge is cancer. Lord, help her to trust in the midst of her struggles.

Your blood given and sacrificed for us brings new life, flowing... Your blood infuses us with strength. You are no stranger to her, to me either. Help us trust in You. Help us trust that we are valuable to You. Help us breathe hope, like air.


No comments:

Post a Comment