Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day Six - God Was There

As Nathanael Barbey's contemplative melodies serenade me, I wonder tonight in God's goodness in drawing me out of my funk that made me want to stay home. Something wooed me, I know it was sweet Holy Spirit and so I went with friends to Pizza and Prayer, an ECHO single's event.                                                                         

Honestly, there was nothing special about the evening really, as far as events go...

but God was there amidst us...

He heard our conversations,

heard our prayers breathed,

our aching longings,

struggles and challenges

hovering heavy.

He knows us and longs to be with us in our earthiness,

our times of walking on water

and times of sinking below the surface, drowning...

He pulls us out of deep waters.


Together, we can stand, stronger as we agree in supplication,

leaning in to the holy God, full of adoration

holding hands and hearts in the midst of desperate times,

and holding each others hands up, when they grow weary and tired.

Together we celebrate as prayers are heard and answers arrive in perfect timing that can only be God's. Together we will watch dreams birthed through laborious nights and difficult days, knowing it was worth the struggle, worth the pushing through,

worth the warfare we wage through prayer,

through worship, together.

Our prayers, wrapped around each other are

a spiritual blanket, warm,

allowing us to be real

allowing us to heal

allowing us to receive

more than we can conceive

of God's perfect plan

His desire for man

to know Him

intimately

as He knows us.

Before I allow heavy eyelids to close, I must share that I am becoming aware that the desire for a man in my life is subtly changing during these 44 days and 44 nights. The desire is still there, like the desire to experience a beautiful sunrise after a dark stormy night. Like my desire to listen to beautiful music that stirs my soul. Like breathing...

The desire for a mate still rumbles like hunger pangs, yet I sense a change in intensity, as this time with God is molding me more into HIS image, causing His desires to burn within me. May I desire what He desires for me and that only.

No comments:

Post a Comment