Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day Four -Tattered Wings Can Still Fly...

I felt like I was back in the cocoon today...struggling again to emerge. I stumbled upon a photo of a butterfly I took in Costa Rica. The butterfly didn't land on a beautiful flower to bask and allow me to take it's picture, but for some reason, it landed on the rough sidewalk. After a closer look at the butterfly, I realized it was wounded. It's wing was damaged, yet curiously, it was still able to fly! I needed this photo today to remind me that though the challenges and struggles of this life wound my wings, I can still fly. I need to fly. I must fly. 



Fragile butterfly with tattered wing
Why is it possible that you can still fly?
At the very moment I decided to sing
though wounded, and not to question why.
my wings, though thin and fragile
were designed to be strong yet light
by a Creator who knew I'd need to be agile;
He designed me perfectly for flight.

Copyright © 2011 Marie Nease  All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment