Monday, September 26, 2011

Day Nine - Brave

Today I feel as though I fell and slipped down the slippery slope... I'm fighting discouragement today. But, I want to be brave! If I could cause my Father God to smile at me during this challenging time, it would make me smile too. 

In Joshua 1:9 God commands us to "Be strong, vigorous, and very courageous. Be not afraid, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." He commands me to be brave. 


Only in You Father can I possibly know how to be brave!
My legs are shaking, I'm weak in the knees.
I'm a beach about to be hit by a tidal wave!
In my weakness I cry out oh Father please
remind me Your grace is perfected when I'm not strong
so I will choose to celebrate, even in my weakness 
then your power can rest upon me, in victorious song
in the midst of looming challenges and stresses
I will picture my brave soul
conquering giants and the enemies fiery arrows
as I rest, knowing you're in control
of my life and even the sparrows.
 
Copyright © 2011 Marie Nease  All Rights Reserved.
 
 
 
I will hope. I will hope in my future, because Father, you have amazing plans for me and a future You have thoughtfully worked out, just for me...plans to prosper me and not to harm me... if there is someone who happens to be reading this, He has plans to prosper you and not to harm you. He has plans for your future, if you will reach out to Jesus and cry out to Him. 

2 Corinthians 12:9 

Amplified Bible (AMP)

9But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and [a]show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may [b]pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!

2 comments:

  1. I hear you. I really do. I offer up these very same petitions. Often.

    Praying you find rest and courage for the day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda,

    So nice to see your comment. So someone did read my blog! :0

    Like you, I have four boys. Mine are all grown now and great friends. I also really love anything written by John Eldredge.

    Thank you for your words of encouragement...

    ReplyDelete