Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day Three

Tonight my faith was at an all time low. To be honest, I was anxiously looking at my circumstances, worrying and wondering how God was going to get me through this season of my life. Rather than running into God's arms and talking with Him, I decided to watch a streaming Netflix movie. Aah, spiritual me, right?

After browsing through the movies to find something to take my mind off my troubles, I was drawn to a movie called "The Encounter." I ran right into God while watching this movie. I won't spoil it for you, if you haven't discovered this little gem that will get to your heart, if you'll allow it. 

I will say this: I encountered Jesus. I sensed the Lord using this simple movie to remind me that He uses EVERYTHING to get to us... to get under our skin and into our hearts, to show us He really loves us. Bruce Marchiano, the main character, was Jesus with skin on for me tonight. The water he gave was living water... his words were life... my hope springs anew!

Bruce has a gift from God and there is no doubt he is walking in it. 

Below are two links: one is Bruce's website and the other is for Pure Flix Entertainment, the company behind "The Encounter." 

http://www.brucemarchiano.com/
http://pureflix.com/archives/portfolio-item/the-encounter


Aah, yes I need a PS: I've decided to extend the 40 days to 44 days. Why you ask? Taking 4 more days to focus on allowing my heart to be content in my singleness and allow Jesus to work makes sense because the 44th day will be an anniversary of sorts for me. My 11th year of being single again. I don't know the outcome of these days of allowing the Lord to work in me in this area, (and take a break from any dating) but HE does and I believe He is up to something... :-)

I'm laying down my expectations, yet being expectant in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment