Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day Fifteen - Wounded



Woundedness trickled down my face, wet... subsiding, then returning like waves, threatening to overwhelm me. It's as though the breath has been knocked right out of me...

I must forgive the one who lashed out at me...one who came from my womb. This is not a new wound. It has festered, under the surface for some time. I do not understand. Yet, I must forgive, again. Only Abba Father can do this in me, the forgiving. I choose to begin the process. Lord, I thank you that you know my frailness. Yet, You are strong.

I lay weary head to pillow, soft.
I lay weary heart on God's breast, warm, comforting, healing...

Now I lay me down to sleep
I give my wounded soul to You to keep.
Please be the peacemaker in this situation.
You are my only hope and consolation. 

I remember my song in the night and reflect [on it]. My spirit searches [for an answer]: Psalm 77:6
GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)

No comments:

Post a Comment