Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day Twenty Three - When it rains, it pours


Ask of the LORD rain in the time of the latter rain; so the LORD shall make bright clouds, and give them showers of rain, to everyone grass in the field. Zechariah 10:1

Today rain continued to fall and oh how we all welcome the rain.  We've had a dry season here in Georgia. Personally, I've experienced a dry season. 

I feel incredibly drenched in God's blessings today. At a time when my financial well is literally almost dry, several things happened to cause me to want to dance in the rain or at the very least, splash in the puddles! 

I received word that I am able to put a wedding on my calendar that I was hoping to photograph in January. The deposit for that will put money in my account to pay immediate bills. A phone interview I had yesterday, went well and today I was invited in for a face-to-face interview next Monday. Another phone interview today went well and offered two potential possibilities. 

Through these evidences of God's moving on my behalf, I sensed Jesus lifting my chin, to look up, expectantly to Him, I'm offering up thanksgiving 
splashing in His gift of rain
in colorful galoshes 
Spirit's joy follows earth's pain.
Looking heavenward, seeing raindrops
transformed into rainbows 
as Your sunlight reflects off a drop of rain.


“The richness of the rain made me feel safe and protected; I have always considered the rain to be healing -- a blanket -- the comfort of a friend. Without at least some rain in any given day, or at least a cloud or two on the horizon, I feel overwhelmed by the information of sunlight and yearn for the vital, muffling gift of falling water.”
Douglas Coupland,
Life After God

No comments:

Post a Comment