Friday, October 28, 2011

Day Thirty-Seven - So much more in store...

I believe we are led divinely in the little things in our lives as well as major events. 

I was supposed to be camping tonight, but it's raining and it's going to get really cold in Helen Georgia, so here I am, warm in my bed, writing. (I'll join the others in the morning for "cowboy coffee" by the campfire!)

"I have so much more in store for you, if you trust me. There will be times that I ask you to do things that you may not want to do." ... "You shouldn't marry Paul." "You have a very tender heart. How many men have you fallen in love with since you were 16?"  "It's not my desire and will for a couple to be unequally matched. He doesn't believe in me. He will come to resent your faith in me. I have many wonderful things in store for you." These quotes are from Bruce Marchiano. His Jesus role in the movie, "The Encounter" touched me recently when I watched it and now again tonight. 


As a habit I suppose, but tonight, divinely led, I checked FaceBook for updates. Someone's post about Bruce Marchiano's role in The Encounter, caught my eye and I found myself watching a portion of the movie again. Once again, my heart burned within me and tears welled up and my heart was affected. 

I dated and fell in love with a man and we weren't equally matched, spiritually. I really grew to love this man and thought that he would come to know the Lord and we would marry. It didn't happen. Bruce Marchiano's words spoke to me so strongly tonight. God has so many wonderful things in store for me. Even more wonderful than what I thought I could have with that man I fell in love with. 

I will remember this. As I revel in the peace and contentment I am experiencing these days in my singleness, I will remember those words.

Again I come back to this scripture. It just fits for right now. "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20 and 21

"You know, everyday I get millions of complaints about this world. The greed and selfishness, poverty and starvation, murders, wars and abuse of children. I hardly recognize this place; it bares so little resemblance to the garden I created for you. But, it's not hell. Even now there's sunshine on a spring day, starry nights and desert sky, a gentle breeze on a summer afternoon and the smell of flowers and songs of birds...and people who are willing to lend a helping hand to the helpless and there is love. There is still love." 



These quotes are also from Bruce Marchiano in the movie, "The Encounter." I am thankful for the sense of God's presence and love I've enjoyed twice now, through this movie. So, I share. (You can watch The Encounter on Netflix streaming movies and the link below will take you to YouTube videos of the movie. The particular link below is the one I watched tonight and where the quotes came from. 

May you have the power, with all the saints, to be able to grasp how wide and how long, how high and how deep is the love of Christ. And to know this love though it is too great to understand fully... Ephesians 3:18 & 19.

From Clarke's Commentary on the Bible: The first word, εξισχυσητε , from εξ, intensive, and ισχυω, to be strong, signifies that they might be thoroughly able, by having been strengthened with might, by God's power. 

The second word καταλαβεσθαι, from κατα, intensive, and λαμβανω , to take, catch, or seize on, may be translated, that you may fully catch, take in, and comprehend this wonderful mystery of God. The mind must be rendered apt, and the soul invigorated, to take in and comprehend these mysteries.


May we fully catch, take in and comprehend this wonderful mystery of God... his love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuYjWRYFakw&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment