Friday, October 14, 2011

Day Twenty-Five - Bounty Hunter


bounty [ˈbaʊntɪ]n pl -ties
1. generosity in giving to others; liberality
2. a generous gift; something freely provided
Thesaurus: 

2. bounty - the property of copious abundance: bountifulness, amplitude, abundance, copiousness, teemingness - the property of a more than adequate quantity or supply;

3. bounty - generosity evidenced by a willingness to give freely. bounteousness, generosity, generousness; the trait of being willing to give your money or time

BOUNTY, n. The liberality of one who has much, in permitting one who has nothing to get all that he can.





Our heavenly Daddy is a bounty hunter... in a different kind of way. He hunts to find hungry, hurting souls, so He can give freely. He gives generously. He gives more than an adequate quantity or supply!

A single swallow, it is said, devours ten millions of insects every year. The supplying of these insects I take to be a signal instance of the Creator's bounty in providing for the lives of His creatures. ~ Henry Ward Beecher

The photo of the basket of tomatoes and peppers is a visual reality (a tasty reality) of the bounty hunter Himself. Through this lean time of being less than $400 in my bank account, the bounty hunter has shown himself to be an incredible bountiful provider. A new friend blessed me by leaving a heavy box of tomatoes and other vegetables on my front porch. I couldn't lift it. I had to drag it into my kitchen! 

I have been enjoying this blessing for days and sharing with family, friends and neighbors because there is more than enough!
 
Your people settled in it, and from your bounty, O God, you provided for the poor. Psalm 68: 10 And our generous bounty hunter said... I will satisfy the priests with abundance, and my people will be filled with my bounty," declares the LORD. Jeremiah 31:14                                                                                                                   My bounty hunter is more than enough...                                                                                                                                                                    
                                      


























No comments:

Post a Comment