Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day Twenty-Six - A Milestone

mile·stone/ˈmīlˌstōn/

Noun:
  1. A stone set up beside a road to mark the distance in miles to a particular place.
  2. An action or event marking a significant change or stage in development.
I set a stone beside the road called today. 
Perhaps it marks a distance in miles, 
a distance traveled through trials 
perhaps it's an independence day...


My home that I was excited about buying on my own, as a single-again woman, sold today for much less than half of what my loan was written for in September 2008. So, it was a day of letting go, moving on, with my chin held high, cradled by my prince, my prince of peace. This man who is peace, brings peace and holds me, comforts me and turns my mourning into dancing. He dances with me, all for His glory.....................



"Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to start over.” F. Scott Fitzgerald

“I hope your dreams take you to the corners of your smiles, to the highest of your hopes, to the windows of your opportunities, and to the most special places your heart has ever known.” Author Unknown

 A milestone not only signifies distance traveled but also indicates direction of travel since key decisions made at milestones may alter the route through the project plan.

Because of my Abba, my Father I am convinced that I am traveling in the right direction. He promises He will guide me and keep me on track. 

I can almost feel His hand, even now, taking my trembling hand. My Father, my Daddy takes my hand in His and though I hesitate, He doesn't. He knows the end from the beginning. He is the story teller and knows the end of the story. As a friend of a friend wrote in a song, "He has seen the end, and come back dancing..." (Larry Stockstill)





No comments:

Post a Comment