Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day Thirty-One - By Streams of Water



Psalm 1: 1-3


Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers. 

The leaves are withering and dying. It's a part of the changing of the seasons. We are in the midst of Autumn here in Georgia. It's one of the seasons I love and I thrive in. Summer heat has faded. There is a chill in the air. I pull a hoodie out of hiding and slip it on, taking the edge off the cool autumn breeze. 

May I be like a tree planted by streams of water.
May I yield fruit in season.
May my leaves not wither.
And whatever I do prosper. 

So, actually I want to be evergreen, right? 

Spontaneously, this afternoon, I took a walk to the pond nearby. It's on private property, but I know the owners, well at least enough that they won't shoot me for stepping onto their property to take a few photos and enjoy the Canada geese that love to fly in for a landing on their pond. 

As I was leaving the pond, I ran into the owner, Linda, walking Georgia, her dog. 12 year-old sweet Georgia. We exchanged pleasantries and talked a bit as we walked. I mentioned my desire to grow my photography business. Linda walked me around the corner, pointed at her friend Linda's house (yes, another Linda) and suggested I go and introduce myself to her since she caters weddings and events. So I did. She welcomed me, we exchanged information and said we'll meet next week. Serendipity!

Serendipity: In the simplest of words, it means a "happy accident" or a "pleasant surprise". I love how Jesus is the great networker and enjoys connecting people. There are no accidents in His world nor mine, since I know Him. 

May I (may you) be planted by streams of water.
May I yield fruit in season.
May my leaves not wither.
And whatever I do will prosper. 

May I be evergreen. 
May I embrace serendipity
when it's a gift from Him.


Marie 







2 comments:

  1. what a great post! thanks for sharing..loves from holland..God bless you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, from Holland. It is my pleasure to have you visit! Thank you for your comment. God bless you too!

    ReplyDelete