Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day Twenty - Made For Another World

Such peace here in the country. Perhaps I could, perhaps I should consider putting roots down here... My roots are planted here, in a sense. Mom and Dad live here, where country quiets me. Sister and her hardworking man, are planted in country soil. Dad's 79th birthday was the reason for the drive south, out of Atlanta and into rolling hills. There were numerous other things I could've done and people I could've been with today, but Dad and Mom beckoned. So, I listened. I'm glad. My younger sister and her country man joined us. Simple company, a simple meal. It satisfies.

The more than two hour drive cleared my mind with nature's patterns to calm me... bales of hay all orderly, rows of corn warm with late afternoon glow, shadows growing longer in the midst of pecan tree orchards, white clouds floating above green pastures, weathered barns and endless white fences, country roads winding, disappearing over hills...  This country-like beauty, reminded me of heaven on this glorious autumn afternoon. 

A longing began to settle gently, resting a while in my soul. A longing for my real home. I'd left home with heavy burdens, but they were lightened along the way as the road twisted and turned. I long, I yearn, especially at times like this, for my heavenly home...to shed earth's ragged clothes for heaven's dress of white. To look deep into Jesus' eyes... that will be my true home. To run into His arms, warm with heaven's light. He is my true home. No more tears... I can't imagine that. I'm not able to go there in my mind, not yet. For now, I am here on this country soil and God will give me grace to live each day.

“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.”
C.S. Lewis

I sooo wish I'd brought the connecting cord for my Nikon with me. Here, I could add a photo of this beautiful country day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment